009 – When You Tell Tony Robbins You’re Pissed Off, with Dov Baron
Subscribe and Listen to the Your Best Manager Podcast!
Dov Baron has been speaking internationally for over 30 years, he’s the man with a finger on the pulse of the evolving world of NextGen leadership. One of Inc. Magazine’s Top 100 Leadership Speakers to hire, Dov Baron is a master storyteller! Considered by many as the leading authority on Authentic Leadership, and the founder of Full Monty Leadership and the Authentic Speaker Academy for Leadership. Outside of his speaking and training, Dov works with multi-disciplinary leaders and executive teams to build the bonds that create organizational cultures that become Fiercely Loyal.
Dov is a bestselling author of several books. His latest book is Fiercely Loyal; How High Performing Companies Develop and Retain Top Talent. He also writes for and has been featured in many industry magazines including being featured on CNN, CBS Small Business Pulse, SHRM, Yahoo Finance, Boston Globe, Business in Vancouver, USA today, CEO, Entrepreneur and many more.
Click to Tweet: Listen to Dov Baron share who had the most significant impact on his career. #YourBestManager podcast http://yourbestmanager.com/dovbaron
Dov Baron Interview – Key Takeaways:
- 1:57 Dov Baron’s Career Path
- 3:25 Dov hired his first employee for his own business at age 19, but he was a people manager at the age of 17… and he was self-admittedly “awful”!
- 5:12 Who was Dov’s Best Manager and Why?
- Stop looking at yourself as who you are, but who you want to be (Tweet This)
- 6:58 Biggest People Management Challenge: We are conditioned with a lone-wolf mentality, that we are self-made.
- 7:35 The breakthrough is realizing that you can’t do it alone. You need to become masterful at working with people and tapping into what drives them.
- 8:16 Do you sometimes feel like a fraud? Inadequacy is a gift.
- 8:51 The greatest leaders in the world are the ones who asked for help
- 9:30 Proudest Moment as a Leader: Finished a 3-day training, a lady came to thank Dov for the program. Dov asked her specifically what she was thanking him for. She said, “I want to thank you for my grandchildren… this training will change the way I am with my daughter, which will change the relationships she will have with her children.”
- 15:04 What’s Exciting Dov Today?
- Dov feels blessed to work with some great leaders, to have opportunities to speak in exciting places, and to help leadership teams develop authentic leadership & cultures.
- Dov and his team are creating online leadership development programs.
- Dov is also outlining his new book, called the Archetypes of Leadership.
- 17:06 The importance of investing in personal and professional self-development.
- Through his career, Dov has traveled the world to study with different teachers
- 18:56 What happens when you tell Tony Robbins you are pissed off?
- You need a team. You can’t do it alone. Don’t be afraid to ask.
- 23:08 Dov’s Book Recommendation for First-Time Managers
- 25:32 What is Full Monty Leadership?
- It’s about the power of vulnerability
Interesting Links & Resources:
Full Monty Leadership – the pinnacle of Authentic Leadership Featuring Bestselling Author, Dov Baron INC Magazines Top 100 Leadership Speaker to Hire.
Dov Baron’s Podcast – Leadership and Loyalty for Fortune 500 Executives, Family Businesses, Human Resources professionals, and Millennial Generation
Free Management Course: Fully Engaged in 10 Days – Learn Three Critical Components to Increasing Employee Engagement on Your Team