003: Leeds 1, Manchester Nil with Leadership Expert Gordon Tredgold
Subscribe and Listen to the Your Best Manager Podcast!
Gordon is a former business and IT transformation and turnaround expert who has successfully delivered $100 Million programs, run $300 million dollar departments and led teams of 1000 staff for Fortune 100 companies. Now, he is an international speaker, published author, Executive and Business coach. His mission is to help people deliver amazing results.
Click to Tweet: Gordon Tredgold shares who had the most significant impact on his career. Listen now on the #YourBestManager podcast http://yourbestmanager.com/GordonTredgold
Gordon Tredgold Interview – Key Takeaways
- 1:29 Gordon Tredgold’s Career Path
- 4:11 Who was Gordon’s Best Manager and Why?
- 8:10 Love Leadership: You’ve got to show your team that you care
- 9:09 Quote: “People don’t care what you know until they know how much you care”
- 10:19 Biggest People Management Challenge: Transitioning from being a colleague to managing your colleagues.
- 11:39 The Solution: Be Firm
- 13:13 Gordon’s Proudest Moment as a Leader: The power of a hug and this song, “Can you feel the Love Tonight” from The Lion King Soundtrack
- 17:10 What’s Exciting Gordon Today? His book, FAST, was just nominated for Management Book of the year in the category of Practical Management (In the Final 5). Gordon is also excited to be currently coaching a new entrepreneur as she seeks to grow her business.
- 19:01 What does confidence sound like?
- 20:14 The importance of investing in personal and professional self-development.
- 20:47 The value of having a coach – the fastest path to growth
- 22:25 Gordon Tredgold’s FAST Approach – Focus. Accountability. Simplicity, Transparency.
- 24:24 How to evaluate bad business
- 26:12 Gordon’s Book Recommendation for First-Time Managers
- The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People: Powerful Lessons for Personal Change, by Stephen Covey
- Gung Ho! Turn On the People in Any Organization, by Ken Blanchard and Sheldon Bowles
Interesting Links & Resources:
On Twitter: @GordgonTredgold
Article Mentioned: 5 Great Reasons Why You Should Get an Executive Coach
Article Mentioned: 5 Essential Qualities To Look For In An Executive Coach
Free Management Course: Fully Engaged in 10 Days – Learn Three Critical Components to Increasing Employee Engagement on Your Team