Season #2: Session 2
How can I serve so powerfully that they never forget our conversation for the rest of our lives?
– Rich Litvin, The Prosperous Coach
adjective: impossible to forget; very memorable
synonyms: memorable, not/never to be forgotten
Also discussed on today’s episode (including bonus content):
- How to be “Unforgettable”
- The right way and wrong way to approach 360-Degree Feedback
- What it means to nurture your employees
- The biggest challenge to effective communication
- How to make training stick (and not waste your money on employee development)
In this bonus audio clip, Meredith talks about how she got the nickname, “The Velvet Hammer” and we dive into a discussion about why so many companies are throwing money down the toilet in the name of employee development.
Recommended Reading (Try Audible and Get Two Free Audiobooks):
How to Get the ROI You Want from Learning and Development Programs, Article by Dennis Coates and Meredith Bell
5 Leadership Opportunities You’re Probably Wasting, LinkedIn Article by Jamie Newman
The Prosperous Coach: Increase Income and Impact for You and Your Clients, by Steve Chandler and Rich Litvin
Just Listen: Increase Income and Impact for You and Your Clients, by Mark Goulston
The Coaching Habit: Say Less, Ask More & Change the Way You Lead Forever, by Michael Bungay Stanier
About Meredith Bell
Meredith Bell has been an entrepreneur since 1982, and she’s an expert in helping companies develop the people side of their business. Meredith is co-founder and President of Performance Support Systems, a global software company based in Virginia. Their products are used by business consultants, executive coaches and Human Resource/training professionals to help managers become more effective leaders.
One of Meredith strengths is building strong relationships. She and her business partners have worked together for 25 years, and many of their clients and resellers have done business with them for 20 years. She understands what’s required to build the loyalty and commitment that lead to repeat business and referrals. She takes pride in getting feedback like this, which is from a reseller who’s worked with her company since 1994: “Performance Support Systems is the epitome of the client-centered, high-integrity, high-support company with world class products. You could look for a lifetime and not find its equal.”.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
What was your most unforgettable moment?
What experiences have you had with 360-degree feedback?
Do you think employee development is a waste of money?
- Great #Leaders Ask Great Questions - Get your free copy of this ebook at http://t.co/z8OIfxWH9P http://t.co/mQZTgcohzo 2 hours ago
- Great #Leaders Ask Great Questions - Get your free copy of this ebook at http://t.co/qO1F5Ajm7i http://t.co/u9xfKIABvC 4 days ago
- Great #Leaders Ask Great Questions - Get your free copy of this ebook at http://t.co/rcri7ZiOo3 http://t.co/b71HehwWo4 1 week ago