Season #2: Session 6
Remember that time when I disappeared for 6 weeks? CLICK HERE to find out why!
Take a good look in the mirror.
Do you want to know the reason why your company may or may not be providing great customer service?
You’re staring at the answer.
All the surveys, processes, accountability metrics, training programs, and performance plans in the world pale in comparison to the power you have as a leader to demonstrate the character that produces great customer service and ultimately leads to creating opportunities for personal and professional growth on your team and in your business.
On today’s show, I chat with Randi Busse, author of Turning Rants Into Raves, about two of the most significant contributors to business success… customer service and employee engagement.
noun: the assistance and advice provided by a company to those people who buy or use its products or services.
synonyms: client service, after-sales service, help line
Also discussed in today’s episode:
- How does employee engagement impact customer service?
- Why is leadership transformation more important than employee transformation?
- What is the difference between a Rant Manager and a Rave Manager?
In this bonus audio clip, Randi Busse shares more of her career story and she answers a question from a podcast listener (8:56):
SHOULD I FIRE MY EMPLOYEE?
What do you do about an employee who is your most productive, most efficient, highly skilled employee, but most of his coworker hate working with him due to a bad attitude? He is constantly fighting with other employees. How do you manage such an employee? Can his attitude realistically change or should I cut my losses and get rid of my most experienced highest producing employee?
Do you have a question you would like answered on the Your Best Manager podcast? Contact me here.
Recommended Reading (Try Audible and Get Two Free Audiobooks):
Turning Rants Into Raves: Turn Your Customers On Before They Turn On YOU!, by Randi Busse & Carol Heady
What’s the Secret?: To Providing a World-Class Customer Experience, by John DiJulius
- The Oz Principle: Getting Results Through Individual and Organizational Accountability, by Roger Connors, Tom Smith, and Craig Hickman
Welcome to the Employee Disengagement Party! – Episode 32 with Andrew Sherman
About Randi Busse
Randi Busse, President of Workforce Development Group, has been helping employees to delight customers for more than 25 years. Her programs help employees “think like an owner, not a renter.” Her book, “Turning Rants Into Raves” is written for CEO’s, business owners and managers that want to improve the experience they are providing to their customers.
Randi is a dynamic speaker with the ability to make audiences listen, nod, laugh … and connect the dots between their own experiences as a customer and how their behaviors and the way their employees treat customers affects their bottom line.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
What turns you into a Rant Manager?
What’s the solution? Behavior change? Or something deeper?
- Great #Leaders Ask Great Questions - Get your free copy of this ebook at http://t.co/y3P8g41vaF http://t.co/RAdA2LpAqc 16 hours ago
- Great #Leaders Ask Great Questions - Get your free copy of this ebook at http://t.co/l9K6mTF07z http://t.co/BukkxjYSzB 4 days ago
- Great #Leaders Ask Great Questions - Get your free copy of this ebook at http://t.co/GDRp2CFKxZ http://t.co/EbDE9WDXdb 1 week ago